D-DAY: THE STORY OF D-DAY THROUGH MAPS
Follow the D-Day landings through a unique collection of historical maps, expert commentary and dramatic photographs. This is a unique insight into the D-Day landings 70 years on.
Over 90 maps demonstrate how the D-Day landings unfolded, and are accompanied by detailed descriptions of what happened on that momentous day. The Allied landings in Normandy on 6 June 1944 were the greatest amphibious assault in history, requiring almost two years of meticulous planning and the largest coordinated mapping effort the world has ever seen.
Key maps include:
- Top-secret maps of Normandy with overprints showing the beach defenses.
- Plans of the Allied deception schemes.
- Detailed maps of all five landing beaches, including OMAHA and UTAH.
- Chart of the armada’s route across the English Channel.
- Maps showing the Allied Forces’ movements as they pushed across France towards Berlin and VE Day.
This collection of incredible maps uncover the events that led up to D-Day, the planning for the assault and the progress of the liberating forces afterwards. Dramatic photographs help to illustrate the key historical events that took place during Operation Overlord.
Product code: 9780007592838
Category: History & Politics.
Price: TZS 70,001