- Mikoroshini Street
- Kinondoni District
- Dar es Salaam
Women Fund Tanzania is a not for profit organization and the first women’s rights fund in the country both as a movement builder, and as an activist and feminist organization.
Our mission is to contribute to the building of a strong women’s movement in Tanzania through making grants, strengthening women’s capacity, building strategic alliances and mobilizing resources.
We envision seeing a Tanzanian society where women realize their full potential and engage fully in the transformation of their communities in order to achieve empowerment and social justice.
We believe in:
- The recognition of human rights for women regardless of class, ethnicity, race and age.
- A shared Women Fund Tanzania agenda through participation, consensus building and collective ownership.
- A culture of acknowledgement, respect and encouragement.
- Leadership based on feminist values and principles.
- Transparency, accountability and integrity.
- Professional excellence.